14 Style Tips On How To Wear Birkenstocks
Around springtime last year, I heard whisperings around the fashion community that Birkenstocks, a ’90s staple, were coming back in style. At first, I was horrified and refused to believe it. Birkenstocks are big, clunky, and sort of ridiculous looking, and I had no interest in them. But the evidence was all there: not only did I see multiple pairs of Birkenstocks at New York Fashion Week, but they also started popping up on fashion bloggers all over my Instagram feed.
At first, I chose to ignore the trend and keep on keeping on with my flat sandals. But a few months ago, I walked into Target and saw a pair of knock-off Birks for only $25. I figured, “eh, let’s see what everyone has been talking about,” and I tried them on. Guys – they were SO COMFORTABLE. I bought them, and now I wear them all the time and I’m obsessed with them. Plus, everyone thinks they’re real, and they’re not. Win.
Moral of the story: Birkenstocks may look intimidating, strange, and difficult to wear, but they’re not. They’re also insanely comfortable. I suggest you all buy a pair (if you’re not into the idea of spending over $100 on a pair of sandals, the Target version is seriously worth it) and start wearing them ASAP. Not sure how to do it? Here are 20 style tips on how to wear Birkenstocks:
1. Another way to keep it simple is to wear your Birkenstocks with a summer dress.
2. Birkenstocks, shorts, a chambray shirt, and a Panama hat make a cute and easy summer outfit.
3. Wearing your Birks with a maxi dress is so effortlessly chic.
4. Birkenstocks plus jogger sweats = comfort. Add a leather jacket for a touch of glam.
5. Opt for metallic Birkenstocks if you want to go for something a little more interesting.
6. An unexpected look is pairing your Birks with socks. This looks boho and cute with a flowy dress.
6. Boyfriend jeans and a fitted blazer look just as good with Birkenstocks as they do with heels.
7. Birkenstocks make any outfit instantly more casual, even a fancy skirt and crop top combo.
8. Pair them with overalls for a throwback style.
9. Wear your Birkenstocks with colorful socks that match the rest of your outfit – and your hair, if you’re daring!
11. Wearing these sandals with really feminine pieces, like lace shorts, creates a nice contrast.
12. Patterned shorts, a denim jacket, a Panama hat, and Birkenstocks create the perfect summer outfit.
13. Birkenstocks make a slinky silk dress look instantly daytime-ready.
14. Keep a patterned maxi skirt and tank casual with a pair of Birks.
Which of these outfit ideas is your favorite? How do you wear Birkenstocks? What did I forget? Tell me in the comments.
Maybe you will like: