9 Haircuts to Try This Spring
We’ve all reached that point at the beginning of a new season: You think your look is stale and you want to turn it up. Sometimes the fix is as quick as slipping into a new silhouette or trying a bolder shade of lipstick. But other times, it calls for a more drastic measure — a whole new ‘do, — and we’ve got the haircut inspiration right here. Scroll through to see celebs who rock some of the most popular hairstyles of the season, from the bold and blunt to the soft and layered, and get a glimpse of your totally on-trend transformation-in-waiting.
1. Bob: If you chopped off all your locks into a lob earlier this year and are looking for something new, copy Julianne Hough by going a little bit shorter into a charming bob. Keep angling minimal with just a few layers around the face.
2. Pixie: Actress Lily Collins rocked a short ‘do similar to Julianne’s for awhile but apparently was looking for something a little more dramatic — and boy did she get it. This cut is edgy, glamorous, sexy and offers up some serious Victoria Beckham vibes.
3. Lob: Looking for a low-maintenance cut? Try something similar to Margot Robbie’s same-length lob. Chopped right above the shoulders, this style looks best when it’s a little tousled. So go on ahead and welcome that bedhead.
4. Bob With Bangs: Add a little something extra to Julianne’s short bob with fringe. To get Dakota Johnson‘s look, ask your stylist for choppy bangs that fall just below the eyebrow.
5. Blunt Cut: No matter what length, no matter what texture, a straight-across chop is in. When your hair has as much volume as Amandla Stenberg’s, the cut turns a geometric shape that’s insanely fashion forward. For thinner haired girls, the effect is a bit softer, but no less severe.
6. The Undercut: If you’re really feeling like a change, take that bottom layer of hair and buzz it right off. When styled down, this look can remain pretty much undetectable, but pull it up into something like Rosamund Pike’s sleek bun and show off the unexpected style.
7. The Swag: What happens when you mix thick, intentional layers with the of-the-moment bob? You get a breezy, ’70s-style chop like Taylor Swift’s. The choppy layers add an instant carefree edge to that ubiquitous shoulder-length cut.
8. Face-Framing Layers: Mermaid hair never goes out of style, so take a cue from Gigi Hadid and add some sparse layers that softly frame your face. Think of it like a grown-out version of Taylor’s more heavily layered chop.
9. Long Wispy Layers: If you’re not ready to chop off those long locks, simply add in some long layers. Kendall Jenner’s varying lengths add just a touch of volume around her face while still remaining almost undetectable.