Whether you have firsthand experience with the decade or not, the ’90s churned out truly unforgettable trends in its halcyon days. Some were good, some were bad, and some were in the middle (the jury is still out on jelly sandals), but time is a great litmus test in determining whether a trend has comeback potential. Or you can leave it to designers like Thakoon to reinvent modern versions of familiar favorites.
The dresses in the designer’s Fall 6 collection, for example, have it all: florals, butterfly print, and grungy lace. Though the slip dress–and–T-shirt combo has been our longtime go-to, we imagine we’d wear Thakoon’s iterations on a night out. We reckon it may have something to do with the thoughtful construction of each elegant piece, from the use of crêpe de chine to the classic silhouettes infused with a bold Yves Klein blue—in any case, we’re in.
Take a look at our favorite Thakoon dresses below.
1. The gauzy lace of this black midi dress gives off a grungy yet romantic vibes.
Thakoon Lace Silk Crepe de Chine Dress ($750)
2. What would’ve been a ribbed sweaterdress once upon a time is now an understated striped version perfect for days that turn into chilly nights.
3. We’re loving the butterfly print and the ankle-grazing hem of this white dress.
Thakoon Ruffle Hem Butterfly Print Dress ($550)
4. Pair your favorite cardigan or womens trench coat with this dark floral frock.
Thakoon Floral Vine Gathered Waist Dress ($525)
5. An Yves Klein–blue anything is a wardrobe must. The pleating and tan flats make this effortless dress more interesting.
Thakoon Pleat Silk Crepe de Chine Dress ($525)
Which Thakoon dress is your favorite?