15 Mermaid Halloween Costumes That Channel Your Inner Ariel
Halloween and mermaids are two things we take very seriously at 3D STYLES. From mermaid hair to glittery mermaid manis and shimmering mermaid makeup, there isn’t a single element of mermaid life we don’t absolutely love. And now, with Halloween just around the corner, it’s about time we got serious about perfecting our mermaid costumes. Here are 15 of our favorite cool Halloween costumes to help you make your “off-duty mermaid” game stronger than ever.
1. Sequined Mermaid Dress: We’re having mermaid overload just looking at that sequin mini dress in the perfect shade of “mermaid tail” green. Paired with some badass makeup and that next-level fishtail braid, this chick is a real life Halloween princess.
2. Vampire Mermaid: This girl killed it with her iridescent makeup fish scales and the aquatic-themed gems on her face. Paired with those bloody streaks and that awesome undereye makeup? It’s vampire-mermaid hybrid love.
3. Celina Ladies Hipster Mermaid Costume ($33): Everything about this hipster mermaid look is perfect — from that wig and those glasses down to her hipster-friendly high tops. This look is picture perfect and we’ll leave it at that (don’t even get us started on those metallic fish scale tights or the seashell crop top).
4. Purple Mermaid: Draw inspiration from this lilac mermaid womens halloween costume, complete with purple fish scale makeup and a pearl-bedazzled seashell top. That hair, though? Pure (mermaid) magic.
5. Festival Mermaid: We’re obsessed with this pastel mermaid’s festival-ready look in that shell-printed top and glittery makeup that’s simply to die for. The double layer pearl necklace and that coral headpiece are seriously hot AF for any “It”-girl in the making.
6. Mermaid Couples Costume: This pastel mermaid looks like part of our world (sorry, we had to) in that lavender wig and her perfectly color-coordinated two-tone costume. Her S.O. opted for a King Triton-inspired look, with a long bearded wig and an honest-to-goodness trident.
7. Cool AF Mermaid Leggings: Ditch the classic two-piece costume and opt for these ultra-trendy scale print cool leggings instead. You’ll be the coolest sea creature at the party and a trendsetter among all merpeople — guaranteed.
8. Teal Mermaid Vibes: If mermaids have “It” girls, we’ve found her. Teal ombre hair, ocean-hued gemstones, glittery highlighter and that underwater shirt? We just died and went to #trending heaven.
9. Hot Mermaid Group: These girls are slaying as a group of sultry mermaids — each rocking a different variation of that signature fish-scale print. In a stroke of pure Halloween genius, they added those boho headpieces and that smokin’ hot facial glitter for an overall look that is dope.com.
10. Pageant Mermaid: We’re basically in love with her DIY shell-top and crown. Layer some necklaces and apply some blue makeup to make this glam seaside look totally pageant ready.
View this post on Instagram
Mermaid bra and crown, necklace and earrings all handmade by me 🐟🐠🐬 custom orders available!!!🐚 #mermaid #pisces #mermaidmakeup #mermaidhair #iwanttobeamermaid #mermaidlife #mermaidpose #mermaidcostume #diy #halloweencostumes #mermaidhalloween #mermaidmonday #mermaidsarereal #mermaidcostumebra
11. Cool Girl Mermaid: The mythical creature print of this skater dress makes for a seriously cool costume. Paired with Doc Martens and those waves of aquatic-hued beach hair, this might just be the hippest mermaid ever.
12. Posh Mermaid: This Ariel-in-the-making is beyond chic in her homemade shell top, three strands of pearls and an emerald green skirt with a thigh-high slit. It’s a rare sight to see a mermaid with a Posh-era lob but, in all honesty, we seriously love it.
13. Yandy Sweet Mermaid Costume ($48): This look lets you hack the classic look of a traditional two-piece costume without actually having to bear any skin. Between that wig and the sheer fishtail, we think this costume is a total winner.
14. Roma Costume Mermaid Mistress Costume ($140): Here’s a gothic two-piece mermaid costume that gives the traditional green tail a major makeover. Go all out with your hair and makeup, because this is one look that deserves to be flaunted.
15. Mermaid: This is — hands down — one of the best mermaid costumes we’ve ever seen. From the form-fitting metallic mermaid “tail” to the bustier top, that fabulous red wig and starfish hair accessories, this is for sure a look to emulate if you want to flaunt your curves.
How did these costumes inspire your mermaid look? Show us on Pinterest!